Bobby Sarma Baruah directed Assamese feature film Adomya is all set set to release tomorrow on 12th December. Produced under the banner of BB Entertainment Private Ltd, Adomya is the directorial debut of Bobby Sarma Baruah. The director herself write the story, dialogues and lyrics. “Adomya was a product of my three years of research. I worked on the story, met AIDS patients and discussed doctors to know the characters,” Director Baruah said.
Adomya is a story of a simple village girl, Juri, who gets married to an engineer from her village. After a few months, Juri’s husband dies of AIDS. At that time, she is pregnant and medical tests confirm that she, too, is HIV-positive. When her in-laws ask her to leave the house, she returns to her parents’ home where she receives the same treatment. Juri starts living in a small roadside hut and one day gives birth to a baby girl. After a few months she leaves for Guwahati to carry on her struggle for life.
Incidentally, Adomya has been much appreciated in various film festivals including to be the best film in the ‘Spiritual films’ section at the 13th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF). Here is a list of the film festivals where Adomya was screened-
1. Best film in spiritual section in the Dhaka International festival.
2. Selection in 12th 3rd eye Asian film festival.
3. Selection in Rainbow film festival 2014, London.
4. Selection in Cana film festival 2014, Singapore.
5. Selection in Kala ghoda art festival, Mumbai.
6. Selection in Mumbai International Woman film festival 2014.
7. Selection in Delhi International film festival 2014.
8. Selection in Chennai International film festival 2014.
9. Selection in Bangladesh woman International film festival.
10. Selection in Bangalore International film festival, 2014.
Adomya will be released in 16 halls across the state in Guwahati, Jorhat, Nagaon, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia, North Lakhimpur, Bongaigaon, Sibasagar, Tezpur and Patsala.
Here is the detailed time schedule of various cinema halls of Assam to watch Adomya.