You can love him, you can hate him but you can never ignore him. Because, he is our very own multi talented singer, actor, lyricist, composer, director and poet : Zubeen Garg! A man who has revolutionized the Assamese music industry and while he turns 42 this year, we at KothaSobi sift through the 10 most important facts or events in Zubeen’s life.
- Born in 18 November 1972, at Jorhat, Zubeen was named after the great composer Zubin Mehta.
- Zubeen Garg has two sisters: Jonki Borthakur and Palme Borthakur.The album Shishu was dedicated to his sister Jonki’s sudden death in 2002 who had been his singing companion for years.
- Anamika, the first music album of Zubeen Garg was released on 1992, a super hit of course.
- Tumi Mor Matho Mor – the only Assamese film wrote, directed and acted by Zubeen Garg on 2000.
- Zubeen Garg is married to Garima Saikia Garg, a fashion designer hailing from Golaghat, Assam on 4 February 2002.
- Zubeen Garg won the Rajat Kamal National Award in 2007 for the film Echoes of silence in the best music direction, Non Feature Film category.
- The first Zubeen Garg directed drama in Assamese Mobile theatres is Devdas, 2014 of Brindaban Theatre.
- Zubeen was nominated in the best playback (male) category for Ya Ali of Gangster in Filmfare Awards, 2007.
- Strings- Bound by Faith is the only Hindi movie, music composed by Zubeen. While, Shudhu Tumi is the only Bengali movie, music directed by him.
- Zubeen played the lead role in Mon jai, the best Assamese Film in the 56th National Award.
KothaSobi takes this opportunity to wish Zubeen Da a very Happy Birthday.